Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /data/web/virtuals/7496/virtual/www/domains/forex.ovo.cz/en/cutenews/core/core.php on line 1318
Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /data/web/virtuals/7496/virtual/www/domains/forex.ovo.cz/en/cutenews/core/core.php on line 1350
Tick (Constant Volume) Chart
Tick chart keeps constant number of ticks (aka volume according to the MT4 vocabulary) per bar.
The bars plot faster during high volatility periods and slower during low trading activity, in which way they resemble range bars. On the other hand they do not hide high volume price movement in a narrow range.
Actually this is very powerful chart type. It is somewhat between Range bars chart and a standard time framed chart, bringing advantages of both types - showing price movement and S/R strength. If you apply the same trading rules as for time frame charts, you realise you get in trade sooner.
I have currently 2 versions to download, the first one intended for the MT4 build 509, while the other is native for the 600+ builds. They both run on the MT 4 build 600 (and higher), though the original 509 version needs the MT4 to be started in portable mode.
What are main advantages of this generator in comparison to similar generators?
• it is an indicator rather than a script or EA, which makes it comfortable
• input setting is accessible from multiple places: input dialogue, entry on a feed chart, entry on the offline chart. Settings on the offline chart makes the volume switching as simple as switching a timeframe.
• possible feed chart on-the-fly timeframe switching (no need to dedicate this chart for a feed)
• generator can break chart into sessions
• generator uses all available timeframes for the initial model, it is not bound to the selected timeframe
• estimates the offline chart starting point from the desired candle count
• a single indicator drives multiple identical offline charts, so you can run multiple EAs with a single generator
• detects interrupts in feed and rebuilds the offline chart after the feed reconnects
• displays correct candle tick volume, you may rely on the tick volume in your analysis or EA
• watches for a change of the feed server (lacking feature in MT4)
• works correctly with symbols having conflicting names (i.e. "EURUSD.." trailing double dot in name with a few brokers)
• reports unexpected time gaps in the MT4 history
• excludes phantom (no volume) ticks
• fixes incorrect input for a non-trivial instrument tick size
• can decrease chart refresh rate on demand
• indicator development is not closed, it has continuing support. You do not need to search Internet and pray volunteers for a fix.
For detailed instructions about the build 509 version, open online User Guide (unified for all offline charts).
For the 600+ version the User Guide will be supplied soon.